TERMS & CONDITIONS
Order Acceptance: Orders must be submitted in writing only, with any subsequent changes or modifications also made in writing. In placing the order, the buyer acknowledges and accepts Brownlee Lighting’s terms and conditions set forth herein, which supersede any terms and conditions stated on the buyer's purchase order or any other documentation. Orders are considered accepted by Brownlee Lighting when each of the following criteria are met:
Terms of payment are established in one of the following manners:
- Credit has been approved to meet or exceed the amount of the order. For orders that exceed the buyer's approved credit amount, a deposit or pre-payment may be required before order is accepted.
- For "Pay in Advance" customers, acceptance of the order will not occur until a signed Proforma with 100% pre-payment is received by Brownlee Lighting.
- For orders with Custom or Modified Product that require a deposit/pre-payment, acceptance of the order will not occur until a signed Proforma with payment is received.
- For orders with progressive payments, payments must be made on the schedule established by Brownlee Lighting in order to be considered accepted. If customer fails to follow this schedule at any time, all payments collected will be forfeited by the buyer. Additionally, Brownlee Lighting reserves the right to cancel the order and seek restitution on materials ordered and work performed in excess of payments collected.
Complete project information is indicated:
- For all orders, project location must be indicated on the order if different from the ship to location.
- For orders over $3,000, the project and specifier(s) names and locations (City, State) are required for processing.
Purchase Order Logic: Model and/or part numbers should be clearly indicated on the purchase order and match Brownlee Lighting's current offerings. Brownlee Lighting takes no responsibility for mistakenly/incorrectly-ordered goods or shipping addresses, or deviations between a representative purchase order copy and the corresponding distributor (buyer) purchase order. Consequential losses are the responsibility of the representative and/or buyer. Brownlee Lighting reserves the right to revise out-of-date ordering logic to current ordering logic at time of order without notice.
Prices: Prices are subject to change without prior notice.
Terms: Net 30, subject to credit review. A finance charge of 1.5% per month (18% per annum) will be assessed on past due invoices. No new orders will be shipped when overdue invoices exist. We invoice within 24 hours after shipment. Statements are mailed to customers which are past due 30 days or more at the beginning of each month.
Minimum Billing: Brownlee Lighting has no minimum billing requirements.
Delivery Date: Due to circumstances beyond our control, estimated delivery dates are subject to change. Therefore, Brownlee Lighting accepts no liquidated damage claims resulting from such delays.
Freight: F.O.B. Factory. Normal transportation costs will be prepaid and added to invoice. If invoice is paid within Brownlee Lighting’s terms set forth for the customer, then the following freight allowance parameters will apply and may be deducted from payment: Full freight allowed on shipments over $2,500 within the Continental United States, $1,500 for Florida shipments, and $3,000 USD shipped to a single Canadian destination. Poles are not eligible for freight allowance. Full freight allowed does not include any lift gate, residential, inside delivery, delivery signature, expedited shipments, tax, tariff, insurance or brokerage fees. If any of these services are requested prior to shipment, these costs will be added to the invoice. If these services are requested from Brownlee Lighting after shipment, a separate purchase order must be submitted; a separate invoice will be forwarded to your customer for these costs. If you/your customer requests any services directly from the freight carrier after shipment, you/your customer will be responsible for these costs from the freight carrier. We reserve the right to route at our own discretion those shipments carrying the full freight allowance. Partial releases or shipments to more than one destination will be treated as separate orders for freight allowance purposes. Brownlee Lighting uses FedEx and UPS for small order shipping. It is the customer's responsibility to request delivery signature requirements at time of order. Note that the availability of this service is out of our control and is not guaranteed. Brownlee Lighting will not be liable for lost packages. Contact factory for shipping insurance options.
Claims: All product is shipped F.O.B. Factory in good condition with title of the merchandise passing to the buyer upon delivery to the freight carrier.
- For truck freight shipments - The buyer has the responsibility for immediately inspecting goods upon delivery. Any claim for shortage of material, breakage and/or visible damage must be noted on the Freight Delivery Receipt prior to the carrier leaving the delivery address and a claim filed with the carrier within 24 hours. Concealed damage must be reported to the carrier within 48 hours of receipt of shipment and an inspection must be requested with the carrier in this timeframe. Please copy all correspondence with our customer service department.
- For FedEx/UPS small package/parcel shipments – The buyer has the responsibility for immediately inspecting goods upon delivery. If there is any evidence of shortage of material, breakage and/or visible damage, the buyer must refuse the shipment and contact Brownlee Lighting within 24 hours. Concealed damage must be reported to Brownlee Lighting within 48 hours of receipt of shipment.
- All damaged goods with packing material intact must be held until otherwise directed by Brownlee Lighting. Failure to do so may result in reduced restitution and/or a rejection of your claim.
- Although our responsibility for shipment ends with acceptance by the freight carrier, we will assist, if necessary, in the satisfaction of claims.
Cancellations: Orders may not be canceled unless we are reimbursed for work already performed and for special material purchased by our company. If an order is canceled after shipment, or if delivery is refused at destination, all warehousing and freight costs will be charged to the customer. Please be specific with delivery instructions.
Returns: No merchandise may be returned without prior authorization and will be refused at loading dock if the Return Goods Authorization (RGA) number is not clearly marked on the outside of carton. An RGA number is valid for 30 days only. A credit toward future purchases from an authorized return will be issued for unused merchandise received by us in excellent condition only, within three months of original invoice date only. Authorized returns for standard product are subject to a minimum restocking charge of 35%, as well as a reconditioning charge, if necessary. Return requests for nonstandard configurations (optional paint finishes, battery-backup, photocell, sensors, bonded materials, etc.) will likely be denied, or subject to a minimum restocking charge of 50% if authorized. There will be a deduction of freight charges both ways. Returned merchandise must be in its original packaging. Brownlee reserves the right to refuse damaged merchandise and reroute to sender at the sender's expense.
*Custom/modified products, products with custom finishes (finishes which are not published on the specification sheet), and discontinued products/options are not returnable and are non-cancelable once order is placed.
*Many Brownlee products are built to order. Brownlee reserves the right to deny return requests at its discretion, regardless of model, quantity, or time from invoice.
Paint Finishes, Diffuser Materials, Fabrics: Actual colors and textures may vary as a result of photography, monitor display and/or printing variances. Contact factory for sample swatch rings prior to placing order.
Hold Orders: "Hold for Release" orders will not be processed until a release is received. Orders received as "Hold for Release" are subject to a price increase per the project quotation or after 60 days from receipt if no quotation exists.
Hold Orders AFTER Release: Orders may not be placed on hold AFTER release unless we are reimbursed for the following:
- If the order is in the staging process, any parts with a painted finished or a non-standard color, special material purchased by our company and work already performed will be invoiced.
- If the order is in the assembly process, assembly will be completed and order will be invoiced. Additionally, storage fees will apply until time of release.
CCT, Lamps, Replacement Parts
CCT: 3500K is Brownlee's "standard" offering for plug and play LED systems. Standard CCT for medium-base LED lamps may vary, refer to product specification sheet.
Replacement Parts: Replacements parts are available, offering depends on model number and date of sale, contact factory for up to date information.